Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Open thread for night owls. Greider: What’s the Difference Between Sheldon Silver and Jamie Dimon?Jamie Dimon tells those who want him prosecuted to talk to the hand. Would it say: "Some will rob you with a six-gun. And some with a fountain pen." William Greider at The Nation asks What’s the Difference Between Sheldon Silver and Jamie Dimon? An excerpt: I have a legal question citizens of New York […]
- Cartoon: Never againCan you donate a buck-a-month so I can cut out the crap and focus on doing cartoons that matter? www.patreon.com/keefknight Thanks!
- Fight for net neutrality turns to CongressThe Federal Communications Commission will decide next month whether to take strong action to protect net neutrality, and by all indications that's just what they'll vote to do: reclassify broadband under Title II of the Telecommunications Act, which gives them clear authority to enforce net neutrality. An indication of how good it looks for net […]
- Democrats to McConnell: Fund Homeland Security, don't target immigrantsSenate Democrats are setting the terms of the debate on the funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security. They don't want any of the anti-immigrant riders that House Republicans attached to that bill, reports Seung Min Kim. In a letter to be released later Tuesday, the Senate Democratic Caucus will press Majority Leader Mitch […]
- Obama administration announces 5-year oil-lease plan: eco-activists want less, industry wants moreIn orange are areas being proposed for oil leasing. The Department of interior on Tuesday released its five-year draft plan for the Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program for 2017 to 2022. A 60-day public comment period ending March 28 begins Wednesday. The department has reviewed more than half a million public comments […]
- Open thread for night owls. Greider: What’s the Difference Between Sheldon Silver and Jamie Dimon?
- Romney’s Poverty PointsMitt Romney said that under President Obama "there are more people in poverty in America than ever before." That's true, but the poverty rate -- which accounts for population changes -- was higher under several former presidents than it is currently.
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- FactChecking the GOP ResponsesThere were multiple official and unofficial Republican responses to President Obama's State of the Union address, but only a few instances of the president's critics stretching the facts.
- Romney’s Poverty Points