Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Open thread for night owls: In last 30 years, Americans have gotten poorerMost, not all. In the last thirty years, most Americans have gotten poorer. US net worth rose considerably over that period, which is what you would expect to see. Technology has improved and productivity increased, so society has a greater capacity for wealth building. America was also quite a bit older on average in 2013 […]
- Climate change could mean record snowfallA winter storm approaching the eastern United States as seen by NOAA's GOES satellite image on Monday. The Great Blizzard of 2015 has fallen short of the more dire warnings so far, but it may have already delivered a timely lesson in how weather actually works: climate change could make future snowstorms worse. So says […]
- Most Americans think corporations should pay higher taxesDear Entire Republican Party: America has something to say. [A Washington Post-ABC News poll released last week] asked Americans whether they thought corporations paid their fair share of taxes, too little or too much. And 65 percent of Americans said they paid too little. Even when it comes to Republicans -- the party that has […]
- Spotlight on green news & views: Senate fails to fast-track KXL, off-shore drilling plan announcedPart of the Brooks range in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The Department of Interior announced this week that its management plan for ANWR, including the petroleum-rich coastal plain, will continue for the next 15 or so years. President Obama said he wants 98 percent of the 19.3 million acres of ANWR designated as wilderness, […]
- Cartoon: Republicans decry income inequalityThe GOP's new bag is to decry "Income Inequality" in the United States, going so far as to blame President Obama for the growing wealth gap between the middle class and the wealthy. I think we all know which income gap they are truly concerned with...
- Open thread for night owls: In last 30 years, Americans have gotten poorer
- Distorting Climate Change Threats, SolutionsTwo potential Republican candidates for president distorted the facts about climate change and casually dismissed well-established threats and potential solutions.
- FactChecking Science-based ClaimsToday we introduce a new feature and welcome a new staff writer to FactCheck.org.
- Rand Paul Exaggerates Tax Credit FraudSen. Paul falsely claimed that a tax credit program for low-income workers has a "fraud rate" of 25 percent and costs taxpayers "$20 billion to $30 billion." Paul cited a report by the Government Accountability Office, but that's not what the report said.
- Distorting Climate Change Threats, Solutions