Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Cartoon: Bibi rocks The House(Click for larger image)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions: killing the GOP's future one immigration bill at a timeHey Jeff, how 'bout you quit stabbing me in the back. Alabama's anti-immigration senator, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, doesn't want to discriminate in his disdain for immigrants—he uniformly wants to keep them out! It doesn't matter if they fall under President Obama's 2014 immigration actions or they might be eligible for an H-1B visa for […]
- McConnell calls off Tuesday vote on bill requiring review of deal with Iran over its nuclear programThe Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran. Burgess Everett and Manu Raju report that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has chosen to delay a vote on the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015 that he had slated for next Tuesday: He informed the Senate Republican Conference of the decision on Thursday afternoon following Senate […]
- What motivates healthcare reform opponents, and is there a vaccine for that?Or, alternatively, get a grip. While the Supreme Court weighs whether or not the Congress of the United States intentionally wrote the Affordable Care Act in such a way as to make it largely dysfunctional (no, really), can we all just take a moment to reflect on just how dreadfully important it is to some […]
- Midday open thread: Nuclear talks with Iran unchanged by Netanyahu, Selma's 'Bloody Sunday' at 50Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is My school week of magical thinking: Netahyahu's speech doesn't move negotiators on Iran's nuclear development: The long and convoluted negotiations over Iran’s nuclear programme adjourned on Wednesday amid talk of continuing progress towards a comprehensive deal but of tough political decisions still to be made. [...] Iran’s foreign minister, […]
- Cartoon: Bibi rocks The House
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 CutsRick Perry said carbon dioxide emissions in Texas were down because of "incentive-based regulation" during his time as governor. But the evidence shows a decline in manufacturing jobs and federal policies are more likely to be the cause of the reduction.
- Netanyahu Takes Kerry Out of ContextIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's highly anticipated speech to Congress contained a curious statement. He claimed Secretary of State John Kerry "confirmed last week that Iran could legitimately possess" 190,000 centrifuges enriching uranium by the end of a long-term nuclear agreement.
- More Keystone SpinWith a showdown vote approaching on the Keystone XL pipeline, both sides continue to spin the facts about exports and safety.
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 Cuts