Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Obamacare, emails and apathyBrendan Nyhan/NY Times: The report Monday that Hillary Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government business as secretary of state raises a number of important questions about government transparency and access to public records. Unsurprisingly, however, the conversation quickly veered from matters of policy into ominous speculation about the political consequences for […]
- Open thread for night owls: Behold your furry doomThere are 6 cats per human on Aoshima, or in cat terms "about ten days worth of food." I think we've had just about enough politics for the day, so here's a heartwarming tale of a Japanese island so overrun with cats that it's become a tourist destination. It also provides yet another glimpse of […]
- ISIS may have roots in climate changeFarmers ride in their tractor in the drought-hit region of Hasaka in northeastern Syria on June 17, 2010. Analysts often point to many factors that contributed to the rise of ISIS. Sunni frustration with the Shi'a-dominated central Iraqi government, the remnants of Al Qaeda in Arabia, and of course the disastrous U.S.-led war just to […]
- Spotlight on green news & views: This is the 350th environmental round-up in a nine-year seriesCheck out tgypsy's post here. Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the Green Diary Rescue) normally appears twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The most recent Wednesday Spotlight can be […]
- Cartoon: The GOP frontrunnerThe GOP frontrunner for the 2016 Presidential campaign has already taken up the role of Republican Party Leader. Israel's Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu not only addressed his GOP Congress, but also seems to be an ideal GOP candidate: He loves to bomb the Middle East, he will do anything to win an election, and enjoys […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Obamacare, emails and apathy
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 CutsRick Perry said carbon dioxide emissions in Texas were down because of "incentive-based regulation" during his time as governor. But the evidence shows a decline in manufacturing jobs and federal policies are more likely to be the cause of the reduction.
- Netanyahu Takes Kerry Out of ContextIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's highly anticipated speech to Congress contained a curious statement. He claimed Secretary of State John Kerry "confirmed last week that Iran could legitimately possess" 190,000 centrifuges enriching uranium by the end of a long-term nuclear agreement.
- More Keystone SpinWith a showdown vote approaching on the Keystone XL pipeline, both sides continue to spin the facts about exports and safety.
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 Cuts