Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Janet Yellen gets the need for rising wages. That's why Republicans are out to get her.No one else that President Obama appointed has a greater impact on our economy. First, let's start with the good news, developments that are both important and a long time coming. Thursday's reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed: 1) For all employees, real hourly wage growth (i.e., growth above the rate of inflation) […]
- All-American terroristsMeeting of members of the Republic of Texas On Valentine's Day 2015, some 20 "armed and armored" officers from six different local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies descended upon a group of 60 citizens who were meeting in Bryan, Texas, to conduct business as the Republic of Texas. The group, which claims sovereignty and […]
- Five questions Americans must answer about IranNext Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will deliver an unprecedented address to the United States Congress. Now, there's nothing new about Netanyahu inserting himself directly into the American political process. In 1998, the Israeli PM met in Washington with American evangelicals to push back on the peace process in a move organizer Jerry Falwell […]
- King v. Burwell: Interpreting the Affordable Care ActThe rules of the game at the Supreme Court are not what they used to be. Section 1311 of the Affordable Care Act (PDF) ("Obamacare") provides, in part, as follows: Each State shall, not later than January 1, 2014, establish an American Health Benefit Exchange (referred to in this title as an ‘‘Exchange’’) for the […]
- Maybe O'Reilly actually believes his own false storiesWhat if Bill O'Reilly actually believes his own bullshit? Is it really possible to lie so often to so many people about so many things? Witnessing combat from 1,200 miles away. Witnessing protesters being killed when none were. Rescuing a photographer who never was rescued. It's as if his entire adventure in Argentina was concocted […]
- Janet Yellen gets the need for rising wages. That's why Republicans are out to get her.
- FactChecking CPACA parade of potential Republican presidential candidates took turns at delivering speeches and answering questions at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that started on Feb. 26. Along the way there were some distortions of facts.
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?The head of the Environmental Protection Agency told Congress her agency's proposed rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants will not affect the reliability of electricity service. That's debatable.
- Biden Resurrects Bogus Talking PointsVice President Joe Biden resurrected years-old, Democratic talking points on the Affordable Care Act and U.S. oil production during a recent speech in New Hampshire.
- FactChecking CPAC