Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Bill O'Reilly's falsehoods pile up, but Fox News is still ignoring themAs the revelations about the various things Fox News host Bill O'Reilly has lied about continue to pile up, it is no great surprise that Bill himself considers it nothing more than a conspiracy against him. It also seems perfectly in character for his employer, Fox News, to not give a damn about his various […]
- Senate blocks effort to compromise 'clean' bill to fund Homeland SecurityBack in the hot seat. Senate Democrats blocked a motion Monday by conservative Republicans to "conference," or negotiate, with the House on the "clean" bill to fund Homeland Security through the end of September. That bill passed the Senate last week with strong bipartisan support and the vote today, which failed to meet the three-fifths […]
- Steve King aims to block House's last best hope of passing 'clean' Homeland Security funding billI will absolutely NOT let Democrats try to fund Homeland Security. Remember that obscure rule that might allow House Democrats to force a vote on the Senate's "clean" bill to fund Homeland Security through September 30? Well, no surprise here: Iowa Rep. Steve "cantaloupe" King can't stand the idea of funding Homeland Security without provisions […]
- Midday open thread: Seat-belt law debated after 75-car pile-up, 'Dr. Evil,' Mr. Spock—Republican?Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Does the Supreme Leader truly love our land mass?: What you may have missed on Sunday Kos ... Wisconsin Gov. Walker compares protesters to ISIS, by Mark E Andersen Maybe O'Reilly actually believes his own false stories, by Laurence Lewis All-American terrorists, by Susan Grigsby Five questions Americans must […]
- House GOP leadership floundering on Homeland SecurityIf you're waiting for a GOP plan to fund Homeland Security, go back to bed for a few days (at least). House Republicans have no plan yet, other than to wait for the Senate to vote on going to conference committee to negotiate with the House on a funding bill (conferencing would allow House Republicans […]
- Bill O'Reilly's falsehoods pile up, but Fox News is still ignoring them
- More Keystone SpinWith a showdown vote approaching on the Keystone XL pipeline, both sides continue to spin the facts about exports and safety.
- FactChecking CPACA parade of potential Republican presidential candidates took turns at delivering speeches and answering questions at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that started on Feb. 26. Along the way there were some distortions of facts.
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?The head of the Environmental Protection Agency told Congress her agency's proposed rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants will not affect the reliability of electricity service. That's debatable.
- More Keystone Spin