Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Sunday Talk: Grifters gonna griftLast weekend, at Rep. Steve King's first annual Iowa Freedom Summit, Sarah Palin let it be known that she is "seriously interested" in running for president in 2016. And she isn't the only one. Donald Trump announced that he, too, is considering a presidential campaign; and, not only that, he claimed that he would've beaten President […]
- Open thread: Health care, black history, and Scott Walker's poor prioritiesWhat's coming up on Sunday Kos ... Religious freedom gives me the constitutional right to violate your constitutional rights. Right? by Ian Reifowitz Is split-ticket voting dying? by Steve Singiser Abortion: good intentions, or bad, and the road to hell, by Susan Grigsby In King v. Burwell, we already know the plaintiffs are wrong. But […]
- Scott Walker as presidential contender? The jury's still out.Meh. The short version of this piece is that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker should be taken seriously as a presidential candidate because while he is excruciatingly boring, a bad thing, he makes up for that by being a dedicated and creative con artist. One of his biggest applause lines was his mention that Wisconsin requires […]
- This week at progressive state blogs: OH pays for empty charter schools, oil owns ND regulatorsThis week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a favorite state- or city-based blog you think I should be watching. Inclusion of a diary does not necessarily indicate my […]
- This week in the war on workers: McDonald's in turmoilThe workers suing McDonald's for racist harassment and firings speak out in the video above; meanwhile: McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson, one of just seven African-American chief executives among the Fortune 500 companies, is stepping down less than three years after rising to the top job. Thompson’s exit is being widely blamed on the company’s weak […]
- Sunday Talk: Grifters gonna grift
- Obama Juices the Genome NumbersPresident Obama repeated an outdated and questionable number for the Human Genome Project's return on investment, and oversold just how cheap sequencing a single person's full genetic code has become.
- Obama Fudges Facts in PhillyIn a speech to House Democrats, President Barack Obama stretched the facts to underscore political points about national security and the improving economy.
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to ImmigrantsRick Santorum touted a shocking statistic to Iowa voters: Of the "6 million net new jobs created in America" since 2000, "all of them" are held by immigrants. That's not accurate.
- Obama Juices the Genome Numbers