Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Abbreviated pundit round-up: NYT calls for torture prosecutions, disgrace of American Indian schoolsThe Editorial Board at The New York Times belatedly says the Obama administration should Prosecute Torturers and Their Bosses: Mr. Obama has said multiple times that “we need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards,” as though the two were incompatible. They are not. The nation cannot move forward in any meaningful way without […]
- Daily Kos Radio is TIME TRAVELING at 9 am ET!It's a hell of a time to put the show on hiatus for the week, but maybe it's for the best. There wouldn't likely be anything we could do from where we sit to settle tensions down, and while there's plenty to talk about outside of events in New York, it'd be hard to pretend […]
- Cheers and Jeers: MondayFrom the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… For the Win Mallory Ortberg imagines Ayn Rand reviews of children's movies in The New Yorker: “The Little Mermaid” A young woman achieves all of her goals. She finds an object of value—in this case, a broad-chested brunet man—and sacrifices as much as she believes necessary (the ocean, talking, […]
- Open thread for night owls. Zornick: How bad can Rubio and Congress muck up the Cuba shift?The guy who said his family fled the Castro regime three years before there was a Castro regime says the U.S. should continue the half-century embargo against the island nation. At The Nation, George Zornick writes How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?. An excerpt: Even if Congress doesn’t lift […]
- Happy days are here againDemocrats still have a lot to learn from FDR about politics. In 1936, Franklin D. Roosevelt ran for a second term and, just like four years earlier, the campaign featured the song, "Happy Days Are Here Again." In 1936, the unemployment rate in this country was 16.9 percent. How did FDR dare trumpet the return […]
- Abbreviated pundit round-up: NYT calls for torture prosecutions, disgrace of American Indian schools
- Is Cuba a ‘Leading’ Sponsor of Terrorism?Sen. Ted Cruz condemned President Obama's announcement that he would normalize relations with Cuba, calling the communist country "a leading state sponsor of terrorism." That's a stretch, to say the least.
- FlackCheck.org Video: Immigration ClaimsThis FlackCheck.org video highlights misleading claims about immigration from both Democrats and Republicans.
- Cheney’s Tortured FactsThe former vice president offers misleading spin in defending CIA interrogation tactics.
- Is Cuba a ‘Leading’ Sponsor of Terrorism?