Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Open thread for night owls: Obama seeks to get around the barricades to cheap, fast internet for allLeticia Miranda at Pro-Publica writes Obama Wants You to Have Cheap, Fast Internet, But Many Cities Aren’t Allowed to Provide It. An excerpt: Although there are about 300 municipal broadband networks across the country, laws in about 20 states create multiple administrative and financial hurdles for new networks to get off the ground. Such legislation […]
- Three billion miles to Ceres[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dce3kyNvJQg&w=550&h=315] Latest look at Ceres, captured by Dawn's long range framing camera on 19 Jan 2015 from a distance of 238,000 miles courtesy of NASA/JPL After traveling three billion miles for seven years with a stopover at Vesta, NASA's Dawn spacecraft is closing in on the dwarf planet, Ceres, a little world that has, […]
- The future of the news media is mostly youPresident Obama was interviewed by three popular YouTube video bloggers (vloggers) on Thursday, Hank Green, GloZell Green, and Bethany Mota. They received almost one hour of the president’s coveted time. Who are these vloggers that merited such distinction? These are vloggers with a combined reach of over 15 million YouTube viewers. It wasn’t long before […]
- Should tipping be abolished?What is the value of an hour's worth of one's labor? What makes an hour of labor more or less valuable? Is it the task? Is it the perception that the task is simple, or less valuable in the eyes of another? Why is the value of a waiter or waitress set so low on […]
- A major Democratic electoral dilemma, explained in a single graphMuch has been made of the disparities between presidential and midterm electoral turnout as of late, especially given the twin collapses that have been visited upon the Democratic Party in the past two midterms. A great deal of the focus, with justification, has been on the racial makeup of the electorate. The status of non-white […]
- Open thread for night owls: Obama seeks to get around the barricades to cheap, fast internet for all
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- FactChecking the GOP ResponsesThere were multiple official and unofficial Republican responses to President Obama's State of the Union address, but only a few instances of the president's critics stretching the facts.
- FactChecking Obama’s State of the UnionIn his sixth annual address, the president stretched some facts on his record.
- The State of the Union