Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Frustrated by lack of mainstream media coverage, #NAACPBombing hashtag goes viralIn broad daylight on Tuesday morning, a bomb, also called an improvised explosive device (IED), was set off next to the exterior wall of the local offices of the Colorado Springs, Colorado, NAACP headquarters. According to the FBI and pictures from the scene, a gas can next to the bomb, intended to make the destruction […]
- Cartoon: Lucky strike
- Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!It's Wednesday, and as you know that means it's Joan McCarter Day. But today we celebrate that by giving Joan her turn to have work done on the house. No, seriously. She is. So we'll try and make good on her regular visit later on this week, instead. We'll make do with the regular assortment […]
- Gunmen kill 12 at Paris headquarters of satirical magazine Charlie HebdoFirefighters carry a victim on a stretcher at the scene after a shooting at the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo, a satirical newspaper Earlier today: Twelve people were confirmed dead after a shooting at the office of a French satirical weekly in Paris, police said on Wednesday. A police spokesman told reporters the dead included […]
- Cheers and Jeers: WednesdayFrom the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Wednesday with Will This year marks the 80th anniversary of Will Rogers' death in a plane crash in Alaska. Huge Hollywood star, razor-sharp pundit, and one of the best things to come from Oklahoma. With the 114th Congress all pinky-swore into office, now seems like a good time to […]
- Frustrated by lack of mainstream media coverage, #NAACPBombing hashtag goes viral
- Return of the False Tax ClaimsEvery once in a while bogus emails get revised, recycled – and widely recirculated. That is happening now with a viral email that purports to list income tax increases that take effect this year.
- Cummings Misuses Police Shooting StatRep. Elijah Cummings got his facts wrong when he said "96 percent" of fatal police shootings were "white officers killing African Americans." His office told us he misspoke.
- Congressional Pensions UpdateQ: Can members of Congress retire and receive their full pay after serving one term? A: No. Only senators are eligible for a pension after one term, but it won’t […]
- Return of the False Tax Claims