Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: Madness d' March "Congress has a party and doesn't invite Obama. Sounds like Obama's the winner in that one!" ---Larry Wilmore "Today during his speech in Washington, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeatedly referred to Congress as 'my friends.' It was a move that had many […]
- Cartoon: America at war: with Bill O'ReillyClick to embellish this cartoon. Bill O’Reilly was caught in a lie. No, not that one. Or that one. Or the whole sexual harassment loofah thing. This is not really news. Brian Williams being a fabulist was a little more surprising, but not really. Network and cable news are pretty much infotainment anchored by narcissists. […]
- Next up: Debt limit fun with a GOP-led Congress. Oh my ...The next GOP-led crisis is on the horizon—the debt limit needs to be raised again, preferably now, but things get really dire in October or November, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Treasury Sec. Jacob Lew sent a letter Friday relaying the ominous news to Speaker John Boehner, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and others. Beginning […]
- UCLA student council engages in anti-Semitic interrogation of Jewish studentPowell Library at UCLA Reporter Adam Nagourney published a story in today's New York Times about an incident of anti-Semitism on the UCLA campus: It seemed like routine business for the student council at the University of California, Los Angeles: confirming the nomination of Rachel Beyda, a second-year economics major who wants to be a […]
- New Dept. of Labor rule to extend the Family and Medical Leave Act to married couples nationwideGood news from the Department of Labor: The final rule issued by the Department of Labor takes effect March 27. It revises the definition of "spouse" in the Family and Medical Leave Act to recognize legally married same-sex couples regardless of where they live. Prior to that, only couples that lived in a state that […]
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!
- Carson’s Missteps on Sexual OrientationBen Carson claimed that being gay is "absolutely" a choice, and as proof he said "a lot of people" go into prison and change their sexual orientation while incarcerated. There is no evidence to support these claims.
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 CutsRick Perry said carbon dioxide emissions in Texas were down because of "incentive-based regulation" during his time as governor. But the evidence shows a decline in manufacturing jobs and federal policies are more likely to be the cause of the reduction.
- Netanyahu Takes Kerry Out of ContextIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's highly anticipated speech to Congress contained a curious statement. He claimed Secretary of State John Kerry "confirmed last week that Iran could legitimately possess" 190,000 centrifuges enriching uranium by the end of a long-term nuclear agreement.
- Carson’s Missteps on Sexual Orientation