Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Republican Congress to potentially uninsured constituents: Screw youDear Indiana, your Sen. Dan Coats doesn't care if you have insurance. Republican lawmakers have categorically ruled out an easy fix to Obamacare's language, should the Supreme Court decide to strike down federal subsidies to the millions of people who purchased their health insurance through the federal exchange. Congressional Republicans say they won’t move to […]
- Romney's out!Mitt Romney is sparing us a third try, which means the 2016 field will be slightly less gaffe-alicious but still plenty lively with more than a dozen Republican candidates eyeing a run. Here's the basics: Mr. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, shared his decision on a conference call with a small group of advisers. In […]
- Jeb Bush, 'unabashed, capitalist conservative,' coming soon to a state near youJeb Bush’s staunchly conservative record as Florida governor has been overshadowed by conservative controversies surrounding his support for national education standards called Common Core and actually finding a workable solution on immigration reform (though depending on the day, he favors either legal residency or a pathway to citizenship). But he plans to change all that […]
- The Daily Kos Great Mentioner asks: Will the Biden dynasty continue in Delaware?Former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden was long seen as the governor-in-waiting, but there are new questions about his plans. Potential candidates are constantly getting "mentioned" for higher office, but who's doing all that work? Why, the Great Mentioner of course. In this new ongoing series, Daily Kos channels the Great Mentioner and catalogs all […]
- King Abdullah: Royal Pain[vimeo 118097071 w=500 h=281] I was curious how you could be king of a country that beheads people, doesn’t let women drive and regularly flogs people and be remembered as a “reformer” when you die. Could it have something to do with all that oil and the regional stability thing, perhaps? After Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah […]
- Republican Congress to potentially uninsured constituents: Screw you
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to ImmigrantsRick Santorum touted a shocking statistic to Iowa voters: Of the "6 million net new jobs created in America" since 2000, "all of them" are held by immigrants. That's not accurate.
- Biden’s Twist on U.S. EconomyBiden twisted international data on economic growth when he said the U.S. is “the only country in the world expected to continue to grow.”
- Distorting Climate Change Threats, SolutionsTwo potential Republican candidates for president distorted the facts about climate change and casually dismissed well-established threats and potential solutions.
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to Immigrants