Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: damn it, SpockWe return you now to the stars, Leonard," fellow "Star Trek" cast member George Takei wrote on Facebook. "You taught us to 'Live long and prosper,' and you indeed did, friend," said Takei, recalling the trademark phrase uttered by Nimoy's character. Logically, the next thing to do is come past the break and go on […]
- Sunday Talk: Killing SantaThis week, your humble diarist was in country, and bore witness as the #LlamaDrama played out (on cable TV)—LIVE! Hoping to win a Peabody Award (or even a Polk Award), I got back in my limousine, and ordered my driver to take the highway to the danger zone. Unfortunately, thanks to Obamanet, we were soon caught up in the […]
- Open thread: O'Reilly, terrorists and historyWhat's coming up on Sunday Kos ... Wisconsin Gov. Walker compares protesters to ISIS, by Mark E Andersen Maybe O'Reilly actually believes his own false stories, by Laurence Lewis All-American terrorists, by Susan Grigsby Five questions Americans must answer about Iran, by Jon Perr Janet Yellen gets the need for rising wages. That's why Republicans […]
- This week at progressive state blogs: Stupidity about teen sex in KY, making silencers legal in AZThis week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a favorite state- or city-based blog you think I should be watching. Inclusion of a diary does not necessarily indicate my […]
- This week in the war on workers: Warren blasts Trans-Pacific PartnershipIn a Washington Post op-ed, Sen. Elizabeth Warren explains one of the reasons working people should be really, really nervous about the Trans-Pacific Partnership the Obama administration is pushing: [Investor-State Dispute Settlement] would allow foreign companies to challenge U.S. laws — and potentially to pick up huge payouts from taxpayers — without ever stepping foot […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: damn it, Spock
- FactChecking CPACA parade of potential Republican presidential candidates took turns at delivering speeches and answering questions at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that started on Feb. 26. Along the way there were some distortions of facts.
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?The head of the Environmental Protection Agency told Congress her agency's proposed rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants will not affect the reliability of electricity service. That's debatable.
- Biden Resurrects Bogus Talking PointsVice President Joe Biden resurrected years-old, Democratic talking points on the Affordable Care Act and U.S. oil production during a recent speech in New Hampshire.
- FactChecking CPAC