Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Why Ben Carson ticks me offMother Jones went through the previously published works of Dr. Ben Carson, presidential candidate. Why someone would do such a thing voluntarily is a question best left to historians, but this particular application of Dr. Ben Carson logic is I think by far the most intriguing, if only because of the great gobs of personal […]
- Middle-class economics and budget are topics in Obama's weekly addressWill we accept an economy where only a few of us do spectacularly well? Or will we build an economy where everyone who works hard has a chance to get ahead? President Obama is not going to let up on his more recent populist message of focusing on the middle class, evidenced this morning by […]
- This week in science: ring around the rosy planetSaturn is hands down the superstar celebrity of our solar system. But astronomers have found evidence for another ringed giant hundreds of light-years away that would put it to shame: The details that we see in the light curve are incredible. The eclipse lasted for several weeks, but you see rapid changes on time scales […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Romney's out, pundits scramble to explain whyFrom Pew Research David Karol: We cannot know all the factors that went into Romney’s decision, and maybe we never will. Politics, as Bismarck said, is not an exact science, and neither is political science. But as far as it goes, the abortive Romney 2016 bid is consistent with a view of campaigns in which […]
- Open thread for night owls. Ben Adler: President Obama ignores himself on climate changeScene from Brooks Range in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Ben Adler at Grist writes Obama ignores Obama on climate change. An excerpt: President Obama is once again contradicting himself on climate change. His new push for offshore oil and gas drilling is just the latest instance. Last week, in his State of the Union […]
- Why Ben Carson ticks me off
- Obama Juices the Genome NumbersPresident Obama repeated an outdated and questionable number for the Human Genome Project's return on investment, and oversold just how cheap sequencing a single person's full genetic code has become.
- Obama Fudges Facts in PhillyIn a speech to House Democrats, President Barack Obama stretched the facts to underscore political points about national security and the improving economy.
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to ImmigrantsRick Santorum touted a shocking statistic to Iowa voters: Of the "6 million net new jobs created in America" since 2000, "all of them" are held by immigrants. That's not accurate.
- Obama Juices the Genome Numbers