Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Vice President Joe Biden touts Obamacare in the first weekly address of 2015The first weekly address of 2015 finds us with Vice President Joe Biden touting the benefits of Obamacare: Everyone is beginning to realize what millions of you already know – the Affordable Care Act is working. And we're just getting started. Because there are millions more of you who can get quality, affordable health care […]
- This week in science: dude, where's my flying car?Imagine every time a jumbo jet flew across the ocean, we threw it away. That would be expensive and it would guarantee only a tiny few people could ever afford to fly. Well, that's what we do with ground to orbit rockets. Beginning as early as this month, SpaceX hopes to end that wasteful practice […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: On what we lost with Mario CuomoEugene Robinson with some timely advice for Republicans A few of the best of the many good Mario Cuomo obits follow. Charles P Pierce: I had one overriding thought when I head that Mario Cuomo had died and that was how long it had been since I'd thought about Mario Cuomo. The only occasions in […]
- Open thread for night owls: U.S. bishops focus anew on sterilization, and not just for CatholicsNina Martin at ProPublica writes U.S. Bishops Take Aim at Sterilization. An excerpt: The Vatican has an absolute prohibition on sterilization for the purposes of birth control. The U.S. Catholic bishops consider the procedure "intrinsically immoral," on par with abortion. Yet for years, Genesys Health System, a Catholic medical center near Flint, Mich., allowed doctors […]
- The most memorable ads of 2014: The spot that may have cost Mark Begich another termMost of Democratic Sen. Mark Begich's ads were incredibly good, but this one utterly blew up in his face. The line of attack could have worked. It features a retired Anchorage police officer accusing Republican Dan Sullivan of allowing a sex offender to go free, before describing in graphic detail what that criminal (Jerry Active) […]
- Vice President Joe Biden touts Obamacare in the first weekly address of 2015
- What Was Alan Gross Doing in Cuba?In accounts from both sides of the aisle, recently-freed Alan Gross has been portrayed as a humanitarian simply trying to bring Internet access to Cuba's small Jewish community. But there's more to the story than that shorthand suggests.
- Is Cuba a ‘Leading’ Sponsor of Terrorism?Sen. Ted Cruz condemned President Obama's announcement that he would normalize relations with Cuba, calling the communist country "a leading state sponsor of terrorism." That's a stretch, to say the least.
- FlackCheck.org Video: Immigration ClaimsThis FlackCheck.org video highlights misleading claims about immigration from both Democrats and Republicans.
- What Was Alan Gross Doing in Cuba?