Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: DHS, Netanyahu and winning by losingNY Times: The fight over funding the Department of Homeland Security that began with Republicans thundering about a lawless president abusing power to change immigration policy ended with a quiet capitulation Tuesday when the House voted to fund the agency and avert a partial shutdown. In the end, Speaker John A. Boehner was forced to […]
- Open thread for night owls. Wheeler: Petraeus gets hand-slap for leaking and obstruction of justiceA State Department official's complaints about email stalking launched the months-long criminal inquiry that led to Paula Broadwell, a woman romantically linked to former Gen. David Petraeus. He is now getting off with a tsk-tsk and a fine for leaking secret information. Marcy Wheeler at ExposeFacts writes David Petraeus Gets Hand-Slap for Leaking, Two Point […]
- Cartoon: Rob LoweSupport ye olde Gentleman Cartoonist!
- Red states in King case are lying to the Supreme CourtYou're being lied to, Chief Justice Roberts. Brian Beutler has a timely reminder for Supreme Court Justices about to hear arguments in King v. Burwell, the case that could strip federal subsidies for health insurance away from millions of people in the states which did not establish their own exchanges. Several of those states have […]
- Boehner caves, Pelosi triumphs as House passes 'clean' Homeland Security funding billGive it back, John. Speaker John "there's no deal" Boehner finally yielded to House Democrats and the saner members of his caucus, holding a vote to pass a "clean" bill that funds the Department of Homeland Security through September 30. The bill passed, 257-167, with Democrats providing a boost of 182 votes. Not a single […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: DHS, Netanyahu and winning by losing
- Netanyahu Takes Kerry Out of ContextIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's highly anticipated speech to Congress contained a curious statement. He claimed Secretary of State John Kerry "confirmed last week that Iran could legitimately possess" 190,000 centrifuges enriching uranium by the end of a long-term nuclear agreement.
- More Keystone SpinWith a showdown vote approaching on the Keystone XL pipeline, both sides continue to spin the facts about exports and safety.
- FactChecking CPACA parade of potential Republican presidential candidates took turns at delivering speeches and answering questions at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that started on Feb. 26. Along the way there were some distortions of facts.
- Netanyahu Takes Kerry Out of Context