Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Does the Equal Protection Clause apply to women?This week, the expanded House Republican majority marked the 42nd anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision by comically failing to pass a 20-week abortion ban contained in the so-called "Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act." Still, there's nothing funny about the GOP's anti-abortion crusade at both the federal and state levels. While […]
- When the state claims custody of a fetus, it requires an incubatorOn Thursday, January 22, having failed to win a pardon from the El Salvadoran justice system, a young woman won her freedom after a pardon was granted by El Salvador's Parliamentary Assembly, according to Amnesty International. The young woman, "Guadalupe," has already served seven years of the 30-year jail sentence she received after suffering a […]
- Perhaps 'no-go' Jindal would like to discuss ethnic enclaves in the U.S.After embarrassing himself spouting Faux News propaganda about "no-go zones" (which even Fox disclaimed), Bobby Jindal, governor of Louisiana, home to ethnic enclaves of Creoles, Cajuns and ethnic celebrations like Mardi Gras, needs a brief American history, anthropology, and demographics lesson. He is doubling down on his position: As an Indian-American, Jindal argued that we […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-upDana Milbank on "the swagger." Here’s some practical advice to those who didn’t like President Obama’s swagger during his State of the Union address: Get used to it. Economic indicators suggest he’s going to have even more to crow about in the months to come. Obama taunted his Republican opponents on Tuesday night, reminding them […]
- Sunday Talk: Reversal of fortuneA funny thing happened on the way to the State of the Union address— President Obama stopped giving a fuck about what his Republican and/or mainstream media critics think, and started getting real. With no more campaigns to run, Obama returned to his trash-talking, elbow-throwing, Beyoncé-loving roots—and in doing so, he defied the so-called "conventional wisdom." We […]
- Does the Equal Protection Clause apply to women?
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- FactChecking the GOP ResponsesThere were multiple official and unofficial Republican responses to President Obama's State of the Union address, but only a few instances of the president's critics stretching the facts.
- FactChecking Obama’s State of the UnionIn his sixth annual address, the president stretched some facts on his record.
- The State of the Union