Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Senate Republicans nix civil rights and human rightsSen. John Cornyn (R-TX) Until last week, the Senate Judiciary Committee had a subcommittee on "the Constitution, Civil Rights and Human Rights." Now, it just has a Subcommittee on the Constitution. Because screw civil rights and human rights. Republicans claim their logic is that the Constitution totally covers all that other stuff, so there's no […]
- Far-far-far right House Republicans form a new clubSpeaker John Boehner faces even more problems keeping his Republican caucus together. House Republican leadership is far right. The Republican Study Committee exists to pressure House Republican leadership from the far, far right. Now, there's a new caucus forming to apply pressure from the right of the Republican Study Committee. Its name, naturally, is the […]
- Republicans' legal challenge to Obamacare is bogus and they know itRepublicans are working hard to make the general public and the U.S. Supreme Court believe that Congress intended to cut millions of people out of getting subsidies to buy insurance under Obamacare. That's to prop up the argument of the plaintiffs in the King v. Burwell case intended to gut the law. The plaintiffs, and […]
- Renee Ellmers tries to save GOP from itself on rape, may get nuked for her troublesRep. Renee Ellmers (R) If you told me back in January of 2011 that North Carolina Rep. Renee Ellmers—Renee Ellmers!—would not be crazy enough for the GOP in just four years time ... well, there's just no way to finish that sentence, because my head has already exploded. Yet here we are, what with Ellmers […]
- Actual op-ed headline: 'End Obamacare, and people could die. That's okay.'Not according to Michael R. Strain. Making the case that it's okay if repealing Obamacare kills people appears to be the new front in pro-repeal arguments. The American Enterprise Institute's Michael R. Strain takes that one to the op-ed pages of the Washington Post, hinging his case on the notion that if the government really […]
- Senate Republicans nix civil rights and human rights
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- FactChecking the GOP ResponsesThere were multiple official and unofficial Republican responses to President Obama's State of the Union address, but only a few instances of the president's critics stretching the facts.
- FactChecking Obama’s State of the UnionIn his sixth annual address, the president stretched some facts on his record.
- The State of the Union