Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Republicans couldn't care less about funding Homeland Security, hoping for a White House fixRepublicans now realize they have no good way to stop President Obama's executive actions on immigration, so they've decided there's no real downside to allowing funding to run out for the Department of Homeland Security. From Politico: [L]eading Republicans say the fallout would be limited if Congress fails to act. In private conversations and in […]
- Florida Congressman Patrick Murphy: 'Open access to the internet must not be compromised'As a Republican-controlled Congress has decided it needs to do something to protect big telecom from the pending net neutrality rules from the Federal Communications Commission, it's critical that Democratic members of Congress coalesce against their sham legislation. It's just as important that they stand behind the FCC's probable decision to reclassify broadband under Title […]
- Does Sen. Jon Tester still think a few hundred Montana jobs are worth polluting the Yellowstone?Sen. Jon Tester of Montana Last year, shortly after he was elevated to lead the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Sen. Jon Tester of Montana explained on MSNBC how Keystone XL pipeline supporters could box in President Obama so that he would have to sign the Republican's Keystone legislation. “If we had in that pipeline bill […]
- How being good governors disqualifies Republicans from being presidentThe perfect model of a Republican presidential primary candidate. When Indiana Gov. Mike Pence announced Tuesday that his state had reached an agreement with the administration to expand Medicaid, the Republican went to great lengths to not acknowledge that the action had much, if anything, to do with Obamacare. For good measure, he added in […]
- The Daily Kos Great Mentioner kicks off its nationwide tour with Colorado's hot Senate raceColorado Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet Potential candidates are constantly getting "mentioned" for higher office, but who's doing all that work? Why, the Great Mentioner of course. In this new ongoing series, Daily Kos channels the Great Mentioner and catalogs all the notable candidates who might run in 2016's most important races. To start things off, […]
- Republicans couldn't care less about funding Homeland Security, hoping for a White House fix
- Rand Paul Exaggerates Tax Credit FraudSen. Paul falsely claimed that a tax credit program for low-income workers has a "fraud rate" of 25 percent and costs taxpayers "$20 billion to $30 billion." Paul cited a report by the Government Accountability Office, but that's not what the report said.
- Romney’s Poverty PointsMitt Romney said that under President Obama "there are more people in poverty in America than ever before." That's true, but the poverty rate -- which accounts for population changes -- was higher under several former presidents than it is currently.
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- Rand Paul Exaggerates Tax Credit Fraud