Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Boehner's choices on funding Homeland Security ...Still practicing. House Speaker John Boehner's caucus is in chaos, and the House has been told to stick around for more votes tonight and potentially over the weekend. Boehner has several options: 1) Finally, just put the Senate's "clean" bill on the floor and fund Homeland Security through September. Democrats are on board—it would likely […]
- Cartoon: The (in)complete field guide to American extremistsClick to enlarge. It was another dumb week in dumbness. Everyone was arguing over the semantics of “radical this, extremist that” instead of what can be done about ISIS. The options are terrible and nobody in elite circles wants to admit there’s nothing we can do. Over a decade of the United States’ foreign adventures […]
- Chaos in the House: Boehner loses control of Homeland Security voteAfter a long afternoon of wrangling Republicans, House leadership brought a short-term Homeland Security funding bill to the floor. It failed spectacularly. In a what was supposed to be a 15 minute vote, Boehner held it open as his deputies desperately try to get the hard-liners to switch votes. It did not work, failing 203-224. […]
- Uninsured wing-nut, anti-Obamacare ex-sheriff raising money for medical billsRichard Mack Ah, life. Former Arizona county sheriff Richard Mack, a fierce opponent of Obamacare and a leader in the "constitutional sheriff" movement, is struggling to pay his medical bills after he and his wife each faced serious illnesses. The former sheriff and his wife do not have health insurance and started a GoFundMe campaign […]
- Republican National Committee's block on 'liberal' interviewers backfires at CPAC 2015Ever since the GOP's failure to capture the popular vote for five of the last six presidential elections, many Republicans framed their issue as a messaging problem: If only they explained their antiquated anti-woman, anti-immigrant, anti-minority, anti-LGBT views better, voters would embrace them. Then that tiny messaging flaw turned into this: "If we just change […]
- Boehner's choices on funding Homeland Security ...
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?The head of the Environmental Protection Agency told Congress her agency's proposed rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants will not affect the reliability of electricity service. That's debatable.
- Biden Resurrects Bogus Talking PointsVice President Joe Biden resurrected years-old, Democratic talking points on the Affordable Care Act and U.S. oil production during a recent speech in New Hampshire.
- Feb. 14: US Exceptionalism, Climate Change, Global Attitudes
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?