Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Open thread for night owls. Ben Adler: President Obama ignores himself on climate changeScene from Brooks Range in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Ben Adler at Grist writes Obama ignores Obama on climate change. An excerpt: President Obama is once again contradicting himself on climate change. His new push for offshore oil and gas drilling is just the latest instance. Last week, in his State of the Union […]
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Friday Mollyblogging Eight years ago tomorrow America lost Molly Ivins. She was 62. Cancer got her, but she was full of fight right to the end. In their must-read biography, Molly Ivins: A Rebel Life, Bill Minutaglio and W. Michael Smith describe Molly as... ...a latter-day Mark Twain-meets-Will Rogers. […]
- Cartoon: Deflation nationClick to inflate.
- Midday open thread: Driver tracking plans went further than thought, 4Q GDP growth slowed to 2.6%Today's comic by Mark Fiore is King Abdullah: Royal Pain: What's coming up on Sunday Kos ... Religious freedom gives me the constitutional right to violate your constitutional rights. Right? by Ian Reifowitz Is split-ticket voting dying? by Steve Singiser Abortion: good intentions, or bad, and the road to hell, by Susan Grigsby In King […]
- PBS Newshour takes top spot for serious reporting on climate changeWe haven't been hearing as many calls to shut down PBS as we used to. Maybe this will change things: PBS NewsHour takes the 2014 prize for talking the most, and the most seriously, about climate change. PBS NewsHour, which runs for 60 minutes, aired 45 reports last year that covered climate change. By comparison, […]
- Open thread for night owls. Ben Adler: President Obama ignores himself on climate change
- Obama Juices the Genome NumbersPresident Obama repeated an outdated and questionable number for the Human Genome Project's return on investment, and oversold just how cheap sequencing a single person's full genetic code has become.
- Obama Fudges Facts in PhillyIn a speech to House Democrats, President Barack Obama stretched the facts to underscore political points about national security and the improving economy.
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to ImmigrantsRick Santorum touted a shocking statistic to Iowa voters: Of the "6 million net new jobs created in America" since 2000, "all of them" are held by immigrants. That's not accurate.
- Obama Juices the Genome Numbers