Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Ben Carson's presidential ambitions are making his party sadThis story about GOP party wags getting nervous that tea party hero Ben Carson may insist on running for the presidency is both very sad and very hilarious. With former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida moving closer to declaring his candidacy, and the Republican establishment determined not to repeat the mistakes of the lengthy nominating […]
- Midday open thread: 8 things, 10 things, year's end listicles wrapping it all upToday's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Year in review, part one: The Midday Open Thread will be on holiday until January 5, 2015. What you may have missed in Sunday Kos ... Ignoring torture here at home, by Denise Oliver Velez We are no better than our enemies, by Mark E Andersen You won't believe […]
- Congratulations to Staten Island, New York, for electing a felon!Grimm's April perp walk ... Hey, Republican Rep. Michael Grimm didn't mention this before the election: Rep. Michael Grimm will plead guilty on Tuesday to a felony charge of cheating on his taxes at a Manhattan restuarant he co-owned before entering Congress, the Daily News has learned. Of course it probably wouldn't have mattered to […]
- When politicians screw upThe "Democratic Donkey" was originally a political attack twisting President Andrew Jackson's name to "Jackass," but Democrats embraced the symbolism of an animal associated with hard work. I've covered this topic in the past, but I thought it might be interesting to take a trip down memory lane, especially at the end of the year […]
- The Kos guide to a carbon neutral household: IntroIntro Reducing electricity consumption I: Lighting Reducing electricity consumption II: vampire/standby power Reducing electricity usage III: the big power draws Renewable energy for the home Home automation and the efficient home Reducing natural gas usage: Insulation, heating and cooling Reducing water consumption Hi, my name is Markos, and I am an energy efficiency junky. I […]
- Ben Carson's presidential ambitions are making his party sad
- Is Cuba a ‘Leading’ Sponsor of Terrorism?Sen. Ted Cruz condemned President Obama's announcement that he would normalize relations with Cuba, calling the communist country "a leading state sponsor of terrorism." That's a stretch, to say the least.
- FlackCheck.org Video: Immigration ClaimsThis FlackCheck.org video highlights misleading claims about immigration from both Democrats and Republicans.
- Cheney’s Tortured FactsThe former vice president offers misleading spin in defending CIA interrogation tactics.
- Is Cuba a ‘Leading’ Sponsor of Terrorism?