Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Obama continues to pitch 'middle-class economics' in weekly addressThanks to the hard work and resilience of Americans like you, we’ve risen from recession freer to write our own future than any other nation on Earth. Now we have to choose what we want that future to look like. Will we accept an economy where only a few of us do spectacularly well? Or […]
- This week in science: scent of rain[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waqmq_GTyjA&w=550&h=309] Near our planet's poles are occasional lakes, buried in ice for eons. In some cases, a lot of ice. Over the last decade, researchers have been carefully piercing a few of these ancient vaults, wondering if some microbes could have migrated into the deep pocket of liquid water, or hung on down there […]
- Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Immigration, deportation, consternationNearly a thousand people gathered to mourn Dr. Michael Davidson at a Wellesley temple Friday http://t.co/... http://t.co/... — @BostonGlobe NY Times: Jorge Ramos, the Univision and Fusion television anchor who is often called the Walter Cronkite of Latino America, was in his suburban Miami broadcast studio when he all but pounced on the chairman of […]
- Open thread for night owls: Excerpts from the latest edition of Harper's IndexSomething wild to start off your weekend. Here are some excerpts from the February Harper's Index (paywall): • Average annual salary predicted by white Americans for a worker who is described as “black”: $29,420 • Who is described as “African-American”: $37,040 […] • Minimum number of times since 1996 that lawyers in capital cases have accidentally […]
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… The State of the Late Night Snark is Strong "Last night President Obama gave the State of the Union address, and I just have to say that I don't know what union he was describing but I want to live there. I want to move. It sounds outstanding. There's […]
- Obama continues to pitch 'middle-class economics' in weekly address
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- FactChecking the GOP ResponsesThere were multiple official and unofficial Republican responses to President Obama's State of the Union address, but only a few instances of the president's critics stretching the facts.
- FactChecking Obama’s State of the UnionIn his sixth annual address, the president stretched some facts on his record.
- The State of the Union