Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Open thread for night owls: Live long and prosperNimoy and other Star Trek cast members celebrate the unveiling of the NASA space shuttle 'Enterprise', 1976 NASA: NASA is mourning the passing today, Feb. 27, 2015, of actor Leonard Nimoy, most famous for his role as Star Trek's Vulcan science officer Mr. Spock. The sci-fi classic served as an inspiration for many at NASA […]
- House Republicans chicken out and fund Homeland Security for another weekThe one-week Homeland Security funding bill the Senate quickly passed to bail out House Speaker John Boehner and keep the doors to DHS open for another week has passed in the House, with a vote of 357-60. Leadership needed to avert another hijacking by Republican malcontents, so they brought the bill under suspension, which meant […]
- What you missed at CPAC today: ISIS, Nazis, and Sean Hannity knows you're pregnantLook, it says 'Conservative' right there. LOVE ME. What you missed at the conservative gathering known as CPAC today, almost certainly because you had better things to do. Sen. Marco Rubio botched foreign policy knowledge 101 during his speech, predictably because he was trying to baselessly paint Obama as an appeaser. Speaking before the Conservative […]
- Senate bails out Boehner, funds Homeland Security for one week ... shutdown (maybe) averted for nowOnce again, Sen. Mitch McConnell is trying to bail out House Speaker John Boehner. McConnell and Minority Leader Reid have just agreed to—and passed by voice vote—a one-week funding extension. Since Boehner decided to skip the funding option that would most certainly pass easily for him—accepting the Senate's clean, bipartisan bill and passing it with […]
- Department of Homeland Security issues shutdown plansHere we go again. Another deadline, another looming shutdown, and another government contingency plan put into action until House Republicans can muster the will to keep basic government functions running. The Obama administration is circulating procedures for how the Department of Homeland Security will operate in the event of a midnight shutdown. The 46-page document […]
- Open thread for night owls: Live long and prosper
- FactChecking CPACA parade of potential Republican presidential candidates took turns at delivering speeches and answering questions at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that started on Feb. 26. Along the way there were some distortions of facts.
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?The head of the Environmental Protection Agency told Congress her agency's proposed rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants will not affect the reliability of electricity service. That's debatable.
- Biden Resurrects Bogus Talking PointsVice President Joe Biden resurrected years-old, Democratic talking points on the Affordable Care Act and U.S. oil production during a recent speech in New Hampshire.
- FactChecking CPAC