Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Sunday Talk: Reversal of fortuneA funny thing happened on the way to the State of the Union address— President Obama stopped giving a fuck about what his Republican and/or mainstream media critics think, and started getting real. With no more campaigns to run, Obama returned to his trash-talking, elbow-throwing, Beyoncé-loving roots—and in doing so, he defied the so-called "conventional wisdom." We […]
- Open thread: Fetuses, dilemmas and tippingWhat's coming up on Sunday Kos ... Perhaps "no-go" Jindal would like to discuss ethnic enclaves in the U.S., by Denise Oliver Velez Does the Equal Protection Clause apply to women, by Jon Perr The future of the news media is mostly you, by Egberto Willies When the state claims custody of a fetus, it […]
- This week at progressive state blogs: Snarked AZ civics test, Ro Khanna redux, David DukeThis week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a favorite state- or city-based blog you think I should be watching. Inclusion of a diary does not necessarily indicate my […]
- This week in the war on workers: Big-name brands, big-time wage theftWage theft can take many forms, but if you're in any doubt that it's not some fringe practice, that in fact major companies practice it, check out these two stories. A lawsuit involving workers misclassified as independent contractors by Lowe's is being settled for as much as $6.5 million, plus more than $1.5 million in […]
- Rick Santorum sorry for all that 'crazy stuff' he saidAs Rick Santorum contemplates whether or not he will again run for president, he looks back on on all that "crazy stuff" he said: Santorum's campaign in 2012 was largely defined by his anti-abortion stances and statements regarding contraception and other "crazy stuff that doesn't have anything to do with anything" as Santorum put it. […]
- Sunday Talk: Reversal of fortune
- The State of the UnionWCBS radio’s Wayne Cabot interviews FactCheck.org Deputy Managing Editor Rob Farley about President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union address. Farley discussed these statements made by the president in his […]
- FactChecking the GOP ResponsesThere were multiple official and unofficial Republican responses to President Obama's State of the Union address, but only a few instances of the president's critics stretching the facts.
- FactChecking Obama’s State of the UnionIn his sixth annual address, the president stretched some facts on his record.
- The State of the Union