Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Spotlight on green news & views: This is the 350th environmental round-up in a nine-year seriesCheck out tgypsy's post here. Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the Green Diary Rescue) normally appears twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The most recent Wednesday Spotlight can be […]
- Cartoon: The GOP frontrunnerThe GOP frontrunner for the 2016 Presidential campaign has already taken up the role of Republican Party Leader. Israel's Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu not only addressed his GOP Congress, but also seems to be an ideal GOP candidate: He loves to bomb the Middle East, he will do anything to win an election, and enjoys […]
- Scott Walker shows true colors on abortion: he supports bans, women get no sayThe real Scott Walker emerges and he says women shouldn't have the right to make their own health decisions. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has finally come clean about his abortion stance now that he's past his statewide general election and courting right wingers for his 2016 nomination bid. Walker released a letter Tuesday spelling out […]
- Midday open thread: Jon Stewart disses Netanyahu, child labor and #TheDress, National Grammar DayToday's comic by Matt Bors is Captain's Log. Spock's dead. The cartoons... are bad: Americans turning away from organized religion in record numbers: There are more religiously unaffiliated people in the U.S. today than ever before. Starting in the 1980s, a variety of polls using different methodologies have come to the same conclusion: people who […]
- Upholding Obamacare, for the wrong reasons"This is a straightforward case of statutory construction where the plain language of the statute dictates the result," began the counsel for the anti-ACA plaintiffs today, but nothing, nothing is that simple. The case turns, as Justice Scalia mused, on the reconciling the difference between the statute Congress intended, and the one which it enacted, […]
- Spotlight on green news & views: This is the 350th environmental round-up in a nine-year series
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 CutsRick Perry said carbon dioxide emissions in Texas were down because of "incentive-based regulation" during his time as governor. But the evidence shows a decline in manufacturing jobs and federal policies are more likely to be the cause of the reduction.
- Netanyahu Takes Kerry Out of ContextIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's highly anticipated speech to Congress contained a curious statement. He claimed Secretary of State John Kerry "confirmed last week that Iran could legitimately possess" 190,000 centrifuges enriching uranium by the end of a long-term nuclear agreement.
- More Keystone SpinWith a showdown vote approaching on the Keystone XL pipeline, both sides continue to spin the facts about exports and safety.
- Perry Misses Point on Texas CO2 Cuts