Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- This week at progressive state blogs: Stupidity about teen sex in KY, making silencers legal in AZThis week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a favorite state- or city-based blog you think I should be watching. Inclusion of a diary does not necessarily indicate my […]
- This week in the war on workers: Warren blasts Trans-Pacific PartnershipIn a Washington Post op-ed, Sen. Elizabeth Warren explains one of the reasons working people should be really, really nervous about the Trans-Pacific Partnership the Obama administration is pushing: [Investor-State Dispute Settlement] would allow foreign companies to challenge U.S. laws — and potentially to pick up huge payouts from taxpayers — without ever stepping foot […]
- View from the left—building a climate movement around Keystone XLIn October of 2011, the National Journal ran this headline about the Keystone XL pipeline debate: "Insiders: Obama Will Approve Keystone XL Pipeline This Year." The article's lede noted that "virtually all" or "70 percent" of the publication's energy and environment "insiders" said President Obama would green light the 1,700-mile pipeline that would funnel Canada's […]
- House democrats to probe funding for climate contrariansIn a turnabout is fair play move, House democrats have launched an investigation into the funding sources of several key climate change skeptics likely based on concerns over the recent revelations about Willie Soon. But a number of leading climate scientists privately expressed concern to me about this: Arizona Rep. Raúl Grijalva is on a […]
- The (not entirely new) Republican War on American HistoryFirst Lady Michelle Obama tours the Brown v. Board of Ed. NHS in Topeka, KS Headline #1—"Oklahoma Republicans may have outlawed Advanced Placement courses": Oklahoma Republican legislators are debating whether Advanced Placement courses should be taught in their state's public schools. Let's pause to absorb that, shall we? Oklahoma lawmakers do not want their state's […]
- This week at progressive state blogs: Stupidity about teen sex in KY, making silencers legal in AZ
- FactChecking CPACA parade of potential Republican presidential candidates took turns at delivering speeches and answering questions at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference that started on Feb. 26. Along the way there were some distortions of facts.
- Will Power Plant Rules Cause Blackouts?The head of the Environmental Protection Agency told Congress her agency's proposed rules governing carbon dioxide emissions from power plants will not affect the reliability of electricity service. That's debatable.
- Biden Resurrects Bogus Talking PointsVice President Joe Biden resurrected years-old, Democratic talking points on the Affordable Care Act and U.S. oil production during a recent speech in New Hampshire.
- FactChecking CPAC