Category Archives: Grover Norquist
Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- Open thread for night owls: Taking apart the corporate case for fast-track trade authorityDave Johnson at the Campaign for America's Future writes Let’s Take Apart The Corporate Case For Fast Track Trade Authority. An excerpt: U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) Michael Froman appeared before Congress Tuesday to make the corporate argument for “fast track” trade promotion authority. The USTR and President Obama are pushing fast-track pre-approval for the Trans-Pacific […]
- Cartoon: Occupied Territory(Click for larger image)
- Nine Democrats join 53 Republicans in approving Keystone XL. President Obama's veto certainPipeline segments for the Keystone XL wait in a field. There were no real surprises in the Senate vote to force construction of the 1,179-mile northern leg of the Keystone XL pipeline Thursday. Sixty votes were needed and the tally of senators in favor was 62, with 36 opposed. That included all the Republicans who […]
- The unintended consequences of Boehner's invitation to Bibi—Democrats unite behind ObamaSpeaker John Boehner's invitation to Benjamin Netanyahu to address Congress from the very same lectern that President Obama spoke from just last week during the State of the Union may be coming back to haunt Boehner. Before the invite—which has been received as a poke in the eye to Obama—some Democrats disagreed with their president's […]
- Midday open thread: Jobless claims plunge to 265,000, do social media undermine political movements?Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Chagrin Falls: A patriotic debate: Initial unemployment compensation claims fall to 265,000: After several weeks of 300,000+ initial applications for unemployment compensation, those claims for the week ending Jan. 24 plummeted to 265,000, a drop of 43,000 from the previous week's initial claims and the lowest since April 15, […]
- Open thread for night owls: Taking apart the corporate case for fast-track trade authority
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to ImmigrantsRick Santorum touted a shocking statistic to Iowa voters: Of the "6 million net new jobs created in America" since 2000, "all of them" are held by immigrants. That's not accurate.
- Biden’s Twist on U.S. EconomyBiden twisted international data on economic growth when he said the U.S. is “the only country in the world expected to continue to grow.”
- Distorting Climate Change Threats, SolutionsTwo potential Republican candidates for president distorted the facts about climate change and casually dismissed well-established threats and potential solutions.
- All U.S. Jobs Did Not Go to Immigrants